As I am sure you are aware from one minute past midnight today (31st December 2020), the whole of Nottinghamshire have been placed under Tier 4 restrictions.
A full account of what this means to tennis can be obtained from the LTA website (see link below). The new restrictions mainly applying to adult tennis and the rules are slightly more relaxed for under 18 and disabled players (see LTA website for details).
- no adult competitions allowed (U18s will continue with restrictions)
- social play is allowed but singles only unless same household/bubble
- access to floodlight in the main clubhouse is still allowed
- access to toilets allowed but ideally avoid if possible
- Only Notts Tier 4 adult members are allow to play at the club so unfortunately members in other Tier 4 areas are not and travel should be limited as much as possible.
- In terms of coaching James will be in touch with everyone however 1:1 coaching for adults is permitted and junior group coaching, with restrictions, is permitted. Coaching is due to re-start on Monday 4th January.
We can only hope that these restrictions will help stop the spread of COVID and so only last a short time.
I know it is very frustrating but as a club we appreciate all your support and hope that we can be back to normal very soon.
As always if you feel unwell please do not come to the club and when here ensure social distancing and leave immediately when finished.